Your Cart

What Do You Call Compound Words Formed by Two Rhyming Words?

Compound words like wishy-washy or mumbo-jumbo, or any words that contain two separate rhyming words are called tautonyms (from the Greek tauto, meaning “the same” and -onym, meaning “name”). In linguistics another term for a word made up of two identical or similar parts (a segment, syllable, or morpheme) is a rhyming…

Read more